Dental Bonding can protect your teeth and improve appearance with the application of a special tooth-colored resin material. Dental bonding may be recommended for several reasons:
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Fixing gaps in teeth
- Concealing discoloration
- Change the shape of teeth to match each other
- Protect a portion of the tooth's root exposed by receding gums
The Bonding Procedure
The bonding process can be completed in one visit and typically takes between 30-60 minutes to complete.
- Initially, a shade of composite resin is matched to the shade of your teeth as closely as possible.
- Then, an adhering liquid is applied to help the bonding material hold to your teeth.
- Once the resin adheres, it is smoothed and molded into the desired shape and hardened with a high-intensity light.
- Once hardened, some final touchups are made and the area is polished to naturally match the rest of your teeth.
For more information on Cosmetic Dentistry call Family Oral Health Associates at 772-465-4545 or make an appointment.